We are proud to offer our support to The Rainbow Trust as our chosen charity at Fisher UK. We are delighted to receive regular updates on how funds raised are allocated. Find out more about the wonderful work the charity does to support families with very sick children https://www.rainbowtrust.org.uk/ and please donate if you can via our Just Giving Page HERE https://bit.ly/3db6bO9
This charity particularly touched our hearts as it was recommended by friends who know first-hand of the vital work they do.
Since the beginning of 2021 alone, in perhaps one of the most difficult years in modern history, the amazing team at the Rainbow Trust have already helped many poorly children and their families and we are proud to be supporting this organisation making such a difference to young lives.
Here is some information on the Rainbow Trust’s work, to see the incredible impact they have on sick children and their families:
- 592 new families supported
- 5,202 hours of hospital support
- 3,965 hours of sibling support
- 1,794 hours of transport support
Some of the younger children were asked what they would wish for if they had a magic wand? And here are some of the lovely quotes that made us smile :
“… make Covid go away so I can see my Family Support Worker in person.”
“… turn into Minnie Mouse.”
“… make the whole world out of chocolate cake.”
27% of children who answered would make a wish to get rid of coronavirus and the lockdown
27% of children surveys just wanted their sibling to get better
THE HARSH REALITY….
- 71% of the families had a child who was still clinically extremely vulnerable
- 56% of respondents said that their family situation was worse or much worse compared to the first lockdown
- Just over half of parents said that their mental health was either worse or much worse compared to the first lockdown
- Medical treatment has been affected for ever
- 50% of families including postponed tests and reviews, some therapies suspended and problems accessing medication
- Additional financial strain is being felt by 40% of families due to job losses, income reduction and being furloughed.
Please help us to reach our target of raising £10,000 for the charity by donating what you can on our Just Giving page HERE : https://bit.ly/3db6bO9